Friday, April 3, 2009

Getting new clients via Online Content

I'm in the office... again.

Everyone is talking about experthubs new content contribution program, expertSYNDICATION. Seems like a pretty good idea. Lawyers contribute unique articles about their area of practice, and these articles are massaged by an SEO expert, then published on the experthub legal network.

Initial results are impressive, with many of the early articles ranking well on google for relevant search terms after only a couple weeks. Consumers landing on these articles can view the profile of the author, and connect with them should they choose to do so, giving experthubs lawyers another way to reach new clients, without spending any money.

Additionally, contributors can log in and track the effectiveness of their efforts with a dashboard called expertSTATs, giving them data on article views, profile views and leads generated.

The expertSYNDICATION program is a good effort, but I'm not impressed. Let me tell you what WOULD be impressive.

I call it expertSNIFF.

Let me give you a scenario that happens all to often, and a target market that most lawyers are missing out on.

Let's fast-forward a few months. I'm now nine months old, and about 85 lbs. I'm minding my own business, lounging around in the yard, when an intruder tries to break into my house!

Naturally, I maul his legs, and tear that sky blue uniform to shreds. That'll teach him to nose around on my turf with his fancy uniform and bag of ... oops. I did it again.

Next thing I know, I'm slapped with an assault and battery charge, and I'm going to need some legal defense.

I log in to my experthub account, and I have all these lawyers to choose between. I could read their articles, and get a sense of their expertise, or... I could use the expertSNIFF program.

All available lawyers in my area for my case are bussed directly to me, and lined up facing a wall. I can now use a more civilized method for determining the most appropriate lawyer for my needs. All I have to do is walk down the line and give each one a good sniff from behind.

No articles, no spending time loading content. Just jump on the bus and give me a few minutes of your time.

Now THAT would be an impressive client acquisition program.

Let`s see if this thing takes off. expertSYNDICATION, or expertSNIFF. Spend some time writing content, or jump on the bus?

Yep, it's a no brainer in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment